IN THIS ISSUE
- Case study – Hunter Surf Life Saving upgrades TAE skills online
- What others are saying about TAE training via Zoom
- Course spotlight: Work, Health and Safety
- ICAM helps WHS personnel investigate incidents
- Meet the Team: Darren Wiggins
- NSW Smart and Skilled Partially Funded Qualifications and the latest training and development courses from Forsythes Training
Case study – Hunter Surf Life Saving upgrades TAE skills online
Hunter Surf Life Saving (HSLS) Director of Education, and a former workplace trainer, Gail Henderson, was initially hesitant about delivering Training and Assessment Education TAE40116 upgrade training solely online.
But she says the feedback from training participants was that they enjoyed using ZOOM and found it easy to use. Gail says the use of breakout rooms within ZOOM made the training and assessment of students work seamlessly.
The 13 volunteer members have now successfully upgraded their competencies.
What others are saying about TAE training via Zoom
Here’s what Karina Braithwaite, HR Officer at Delta Electricity has to say about doing her TAE 40116 course via our virtual classroom using ZOOM.
“I have found the TAE training using Zoom to be just as effective as face to face sessions. The use of breakout rooms has been fantastic, as we are still able to interact as we would in the classroom. I have also found the recordings to be very useful as well, as I have been able to rewatch some areas that I have needed to refresh, or able to catchup if I have missed a session. Yvette has been a great trainer and is able to deliver the content to the participants in a very clear manner. Thoroughly enjoying the training!”
Course spotlight: Work, Health and Safety
Work Health Safety (WHS) is more than just safety. It about the overall well-being of staff, risk analysis and mitigation, and getting staff back to work after injury. Our, nationally accredited, Cert IV course (BSB41419) can be delivered on site or online over 10 or 12 months. We also run a BSB51319 Diploma course too. Smart and Skilled training subsidies may be available for you or your team.
Undertaking regular training in WHS is an important part of the NSW Maintenance of Competence Scheme for those working in mining with practising certificates issued by the Resources Regulator. Forysthes Training has courses, workshop and sample training plans to help you meet Scheme requirements.
ICAM helps WHS personnel investigate incidents
Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM) is becoming the preferred method for investigating incidents as a required skill for WHS personnel. Forysthes Training offers the only ICAM course in Newcastle but students can now also complete the two day course online via our virtual classroom using ZOOM.
Meet the team – Darren Wiggins
Darren draws on a vast experience across an eclectic career path, to train and assess nationally accredited qualifications and short courses in Leadership and Management, Training and Assessment Education and Risk Management.
He has a great understanding of both the blue-collar and white-collar sectors.
A product of the VET sector himself, Darren is passionate about the value the VET sector provides to organisations, workers, and the economy alike.
NSW Smart and Skilled qualifications & the latest training and development courses
Forsythes Training is an approved NSW Smart and Skilled provider offering NSW employers and individuals the opportunity to gain a qualification at a reduced price. Smart and Skilled training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – enrol now and start your pre-reading and e-learning.
Face to Face Weekdays Newcastle
Face to Face Parramatta
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment Virtual Classroom – Weekdays – September & October programs open for registration – enrol now and start your pre-reading and e-learning.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Upgrade – Newcastle – October, 2020
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Upgrade Online – 7th October 2020
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management – 23rd September 2020
- Team Leader Step Up Program – Supervisor/leadership skill set– October 2020
Click here to see complete list of all our public scheduled short courses for 2020, we can offer dedicated events across NSW. Some popular programs listed below
- Office 2016 and other computer training – Available now on Zoom, your premise or ours
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Emotional Intelligence
- LEAD One day practical leadership workshop
- Outlook & Time Management
- Mental Health Programs