Forsythes Training welcomes the NSW Government’s announcement of a focus on reskilling people for the jobs of the future under its Skilling for Recovery initiative.
What is Skilling for Recovery?
The Government is committing almost $160 million to match the Australian Government’s JobTrainer funding.
The program, announced on September 16, 2020, is designed to help more than 100,000 people across NSW. It will offer fee free training to help job seekers retrain or up-skill and support school leavers to enter the workforce for the first time. The Government expects industries such as health, manufacturing and construction to be key training areas.
The NSW Government’s Skilling for Recovery program includes:
- infrastructure-specific training to support the record spending on projects such as the Aerotropolis, hospital redevelopments and regional road upgrades
- full-qualifications to retrain and become qualified
- short course micro-credentials to upskill
- support for apprentices and trainees
- a new online Skills and Employment Hub
- regional employment brokers to connect industry and trainers with job seekers
- tailored support to re-engage young people in regional areas back into school, training or employment.
Forsythes Training can reskill you
Forsythes Training supports a focus on delivering the right skills and training so people can do new jobs or different jobs in a post COVID-19 world.
Register your interest now for Skilling for Recovery training by completing the talk to us section of our website.
Job seeking accredited skill sets
We will soon launch – in partnership with leading recruitment company Forsythes Recruitment &HR – a job seeking accredited skill set that includes the following learning objectives.
- Develop three cover letters and job applications
- Access job websites such as Career One or Seek
- Building an online presence on Linked In
- Interview tips from the experts
- Attend and obtain feedback from three simulated interviews
- Develop a resume
- Online communication
- The hidden job market
Successful completion will result in a Statement of Attainment in
- AUMAFA001 Applying for jobs and undertake job interviews
- BSBITU313 Design and develop digital text documents
- BSBITU2013 Use digital technologies to communicate remotely.
Forsythes Training also offers formal, notionally accredited qualifications such as
- TAE40116 Training and Assessment
- BSB41515 Certificate IV Project Management Practice
- BSB41419 Certificate IV WHS
- BSB40515 Certificate IV Business Administration
- BSB30215 Certificate III In Customer Engagement
- BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
For a full list eligible programs, check out our Skilling for Recovery courses page.
Other subsidies – Smart and Skilled
You may also be able to benefit from NSW Smart and Skilled training subsidies to gain skills and competencies defined by Government as essential.
We are a registered training organisation with 30 years’ experience in training. Our highly qualified and skilled trainers bring real world experience to the classroom.
Choose whether you want to train face to face or online. We give you the flexibility you need as well as extra student support.
Call our expert team on 49220122 to discuss the right course for you or to find out more about Skilling for Recovery, Job Trainer and other subsidised training programs.
We’ll post more about Skilling for Recovery courses when more details come to hand.