Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who deals with people in their day-to-day work.
- Supervisors, Frontline managers, Training managers
- Help desk supervisors, Administration staff
Lesson 1: Managing Diversity
- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas How do values drive behaviours?
- Understand different behaviour types and patterns
Lesson 2: Dealing with Conflict & Difficult Behaviour
- Handling difficult people
- Coping with difficult behaviour
- Identifying your personal reaction to conflict
- Identifying your personal responsibility
- To counsel, coach or discipline?
Lesson 3: Practical techniques for dealing with:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blaming behaviour
- Defensive behaviour
- Passive behaviour
Lesson 4: : Effective Workplace Communication
- Learning how to be assertive and standing your ground
- Positive self talk Giving and receiving feedback
- Active listening, tone and clarifying questions
- Identifying the source of conflict and behaviour
Lesson 5: Prevention is better than cure
- Disempowering to co-operation
- But vs. And
- Co-operation language
- Gathering Information
- Questioning techniques
Lesson 6: Resolving Conflict
- Determining the best solution
- Implement action plan
- Gain commitment 4 I’s.