Adobe InDesign CS5 - Introductory - Level 1
|Course start date:||14 & 15-03-2019 ,|
|Training Location:||9 Denison St, Newcastle West|
|Duration:||2 Days (consecutive)|
|Course Fee:||$880.00 This course is GST free|
In this course students will will utilize Adobe InDesign CS5 to create and deliver eye-catching printed documents.
This course is intended for students who want to explore the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layout and designs.
Statement of Attainment
This course has been mapped against the learning outcomes and performance criteria for the Unit of Competency:
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents from the Certificate III in Business
Successful completion of this course and the required assessment leads to a Statement of Attainment.
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the functions of their computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving and saving files. Familiarity with other Adobe software applications is helpful, but not required.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the various elements of the Adobe InDesign interface.
- Design documents.
- Enhance documents with formats, color, and styles.
- Work with page elements.
- Manage objects.
- Work with tables.
- Finalize documents.
Lesson 1: Exploring the InDesign Environment
- Identify the InDesign Interface Components
- Customize the Interface
- Use the Navigation Controls
- Set General and Interface Preferences
Lesson 2: Designing Documents
- Create a Document
- Add Text
- Add Graphical Objects
Lesson 3: Enhancing Documents
- Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Apply Fills and Strokes
- Create and Apply Styles
Lesson 4: Working with Page Elements
- Arrange Objects
- Align Objects
- Manage Page Elements with Layers
Lesson 5: Managing Objects
- Transform Objects
- Manipulate Objects
- Thread Text Frames
- Search and Replace Content
Lesson 6: Working with Tables
- Create a Table
- Modify a Table Structure
- Format a Table
Lesson 7: Finalizing Documents
- Check Documents for Errors
- Print a Document
- Package Files
- Export PDF Files for Commercial Printing
- Prepare PDF Files for Web Distribution
Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications.
We service Sydney, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia.With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.