VET Student Loans
Forsythes Training is an established reputable Registered Training Organisation. We have been providing quality training solutions for individuals and corporates across Australia for over 15 years.
At Forsythes Training, we offer you the support, flexibility and technology you need to finish your course.
Forsythes Training offer VET Student Loans for a range of qualifications at Diploma level including:
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
- BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health & Safety
- BSB51615 Diploma of Quality Auditing
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
About VET Student Loans
VET Student Loans is a student loan scheme that is funded by the Commonwealth Government to assist eligible students in Diploma level and above.
VET Student Loans offers the options of:
- deferring all of your tuition fees
- paying some of your tuition fees upfront and deferring the balance
VET Student Loans are not subject to income or assets tests and have a loan fee of 20% for fee-for-service VET Student Loans.
Eligibility Criteria Applies
To be eligible for VET Student Loans you must:
- be an Australian citizen or a permanent humanitarian visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of study
- provide a tax file number
- not exceed your student loan limit
- provide, or be allocated, a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) – a unique identifying number provided by the Australian government
From 1 January 2017 the Commonwealth VET Student Loans program has replaced student loan program.
Forsythes Training has developed a Student Entry Procedure to ensure prospective students meet the Literacy and Numeracy requirements of our Diploma Qualifications Click here for the full procedure
Paying Back the Loan
You repay your VET Student Loan through the Australian Taxation Office when once your repayment income is above the compulsory repayment threshold. This threshold is adjusted each year. The compulsory repayment threshold for 2015-16 the compulsory repayment threshold was $54,126. For 2016-17 the compulsory repayment threshold is $54869. More information can be found on the Study Assist website.
Applying for the Loan
To apply for VET Student Loans, you need to:
- Read the VET Student Loans Information Booklet
- Complete a Request for VET Student Loan Assistance form. This is available in hard copy from Forsythes Training
How do I find out more?
More information about VET Student Loan, including Frequently Asked Questions and information about student loan limits, may be found on the Study Assist website.
Forsythes Training offer a variety of courses, including a wide range of business related courses. Our education options provide programs for students that are fully supported by experienced staff. We recognise the importance of motivating and guiding our students through their learning experience, that’s why we complement our courses with coaches, mentors and student support days.
Our courses are available via a number of delivery options including;
- traditional instructor lead
- distance learning/e-learning
A range of delivery options allows you to study at your own pace and work through your qualification the way you desire. Embrace the peace of mind of knowing three of our Diploma courses are available for you to undertake with the support of VET Student Loans.
Our government assisted Diploma courses can be done from anywhere and at your own pace. There’s always someone there to guide you in the right direction at each step throughout your course. We believe in getting you to study now, pay later, with our VET Student Loans and a loan plan where the government pays for you to study. Best of all, you can enjoy the freedom of only paying it back when you’re earning good money.
Our dedicated team is here to assist YOU.
Take steps forward to advance in your career with a nationally recognised:
Contact Forsythes Training TODAY on 02 4922 0122, or email VSL@forsythestraining.com.au