Project Management Fundamentals
BSBADM407 Administer Projects
|Next Course Dates||26-Nov-2018,28-Feb-2019,|
|Training Location||9 Denison St, Newcastle West|
|Duration||2 Days (consecutive)|
|Course Fee||$1,100 This course is GST free|
We can come to you.
This course can be conducted on your site. Please contact us for details.
Our Project Management short course will give you an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools.
In the past few decades, organisations have discovered something incredible: the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
The Project Management workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day. Working with project planning documents, such as needs assessments, risk management plan, and a communication plan will provide benefits throughout your organisation.
Who should attend
This course is designed for participants who want to understand the basic concepts of Project Management. It is useful for Technical specialists/engineers moving into a project management team role, or working for a project manager but who have not had much, if any, experience to date.
Note: Participants who wish to receive a Statement of Attainment can choose to complete a post course assessment. Upon successful completion of the assessment they will be eligible to receive a statement of attainment for the BSBADM407 Administer projects unit of competency.
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas as defined by the PMI
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Create key project documents.
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- U se planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project
Module One: Getting Started
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Key Concepts (I)
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- What is a Project Manager?
- Module Two: Case Study
- Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Key Concepts (II)
- About the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- About the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- The Five Process Groups
- The Ten Knowledge Areas
- The Triple Constraint
- Module Three: Case Study
- Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Initiation (I)
- Identifying Your Stakeholders
- Assessing Needs and Wants
- Setting a SMART Project Goal
- Creating Requirements and Deliverables
- Module Four: Case Study
- Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Initiation (II)
- Creating a Statement of Work
- Completing the Project Planning Worksheet
- Completing the Project Charter
- Module Five: Case Study
- Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Planning (I)
- Managing Expectations
- Creating a Task List
- Estimating Time
- Estimating Resources
- Estimating Costs
- Module Six: Case Study
- Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Planning (II)
- Building the Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating the Schedule
- Creating a Risk Management Plan
- Creating a Communication Plan
- Module Seven: Case Study
- Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Planning Tools
- The Gantt Chart
- The Network Diagram
- Using a RACI Chart
- Going the Extra Mile: Microsoft Project
- Module Eight: Case Study
- Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Executing the Project
- Establishing Baselines
- Monitoring Project Progress
- Triple Constraint Reduction Methods
- Module Nine: Case Study
- Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Maintaining and Controlling the Project
- Making the Most of Status Updates
- Managing Change
- Monitoring Risks
- Module Ten: Case Study
- Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Closing Out
- Preparing for Closeout
- Celebrating Successes
- Learning from Project Challenges
- Scope Verification
- A Final To-Do List
- Module Eleven: Case Study
- Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
Student Information Handbook
Forsythes Training recommends that you access our Student Information Handbook click here to access.
The Student Information Handbook provides you with information about Forsythes Training and covers the following areas:
- Company profile
- Student registration process including our refund policy and course cost information
- Student Induction
- Student records and information
- The assessment process and policies
- Rights, responsibilities and standards
- Student Feedback
- Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), Recognised Current Competency (RCC), Direct Credit Transfer (DCT)
- Appeals Process
- WHS Policies and Procedures
- Forsythes Training Guarantee
If there is anything in the handbook where you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call Forsythes Training on 02 4922 0122 and one of our friendly team members will be more than happy to assist you.
Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications. We service Sydney, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia. With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.
Further Course Information
Forsythes Trainings’ expert trainer in leadership and project management, Trevor Pennifold, impressed me with his depth of industry experience as well as his ability to relate theory and tools back to Komatsu’s systems and processes.
Our staff were able to take the ...Read More
Director of Operations
One of the world’s leading Caterpillar equipment suppliers, WesTrac, has benefitted financially from Forsythes Training’s status and expertise as a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider.
Forsythes Training worked with WesTrac to customise training in project management ...Read More
Extra benefits for Namoi Cotton from AgSkilled funded leadership training
A customised leadership and management training program by Forysthes Training has delivered Namoi Cotton delivered extra benefits. Bringing together managers and supervisors from across various departments there ...Read More
This year I completed the TAE40116 Training and assessment course. I had only minimal to no experience and although I felt comfortable doing a little bit of training with my colleagues at work, the thought of standing up in front of complete strangers to deliver a comprehensive training session had ...Read More
Information Management Officer
Learning and Development Lead Specialist
Central Coast Council
I have now completed three Training and assessment upgrades, from BSZ to TAA, TAA to TAE, and now, TAE10 to TAE16, of all three upgrades I have completed, the TAE16 Upgrade with Forsythes Training has been the most comprehensive, and with the most content about Competency based assessment and standards ...Read More
"We have used Forsythes Training for other training so we know the service is always top quality," he said.
"The feedback from participants has been really good. Everyone was positive and engaged with the training."
"We would recommend Forsythes and are looking to do more training with them.
Organisational Development & improvement Specialist
It is easy on company supplied training to go through the motions, but I really felt engaged in the process and found myself examining my behaviours and what I can do to become better leader.
I have applied aspects of what I had leant over the weeks to my day to day role as a mobile technician and gleaned greater leadership skills when I step into the RSDM and RFOSO roles.
Relief Service Delivery Manager
I have heard other training providers saying to other clients that TAE 16 is too hard and unattainable but with the help of Forsythes we will be proving them wrong.”
“It is not an easy process. There is a lot work to do to meet the requirements of TAE 16 and Forsythes Training has been fantastic in helping us develop a new package.
“They are very accommodating of our needs and timeframes.”
Global Mining Company
strong partnership with Forsythes Training offer a Leadership Program to 107 leaders across all operational and corporate business areas.
the program has "provided leadership tools and techniques to have difficult conversations and reinforce feedback to teams, along with raising critical business improvement ideas."
We hope to continue to work Forsythes training to develop our people into the future
Group Manager People & Culture
Maree is studying the new TAE40116 with Forsythes and took advantage of dedicated TAE40116 student support days her feedback was:
"Thanks again for all your help. It made the world of difference for me, as, I didn’t think I was going to finish. I’m back on track."
Workplace Trainer and Asessor
Feedback from the participants and their managers shows the program was an outstanding success. Forsythes Training took the time to completely contextualise the course to make it relevant and realistic to our staff. All of the participants enjoyed the delivery of the course and it provided them with significant insights into improving their leadership and communication styles within the workplace. As a business we have seen these staff improve their delegation, staff performance management and their planning and decision making
Health Safety and Training Superintendent
Moolarben Coal – Part of Yancoal
Forsythes training have been instrumental in providing a customised leadership program and achieving outstanding results.
Some of the key outcomes we have noted are:
- An evident change in how they manage people and work relationships adapting their style to different employees, managers and other key stakeholders
- Managing time more efficiently both individually and within their teams
- Improved communication with both team members and management to ensure the best result is achieved.
- Managing stress and pressure in a more controlled way
‘With the assistance of Forsythes Training, as one of our valued business partners, , we have been able to provide our operations, engineering and administration teams with additional training that supports the preparations for March 2017 and beyond,’ he said.
Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
A southern NSW Council has saved around $200,000 when training its entire, 200 strong, workforce in customer service.
Snowy Valleys Council has engaged Forysthes Training to run the customer service program using the state Government’s NSW Local Government Skills ...Read More