BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
|Next Course Dates||18-Jul-2018 , 19-Sep-2018 , 21-Nov-2018|
|Training Location||9 Denison St, Newcastle West|
|Course Fee||$495.00 This course is GST free|
We can come to you.
This course can be conducted on your site. Please contact us for details.
Our Managerial Leadership short course teaches participants about organisational leadership and its role in guiding the organisation toward vision fulfilment.
This course teaches participants about organisational leadership and its role in guiding the organisation toward vision fulfilment. Participants will learn how to define an organisation’s vision, draft a vision statement and communicate it, set goals that are aligned with an organisation’s vision, and discuss the importance of planning changes before implementing them. Program activities also cover providing employees for organisational changes, motivating employees through change, solving problems encountered during change, and helping employees deal with grief and stress during changes. Participants will also learn how leaders can help employees learn their roles in organisations, align their goals with those of the organisation, and help prevent employee apathy. The manual is designed for quick scanning in the classroom and filled with interactive exercises that help ensure participant success.
Note: Participants who wish to receive a Statement of Attainment can choose to complete a post course assessment. Upon successful completion of the assessment they will be eligible to receive a statement of attainment for the BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace unit of competency.
This course is perfect for anyone who is in a middle leadership or management position within an organisation or those about to be promoted to such a position.
At the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between management and leadership and when to employ which one
- Consider corporate and/or team vision and its effective use in motivation
- Utilise strategies learnt to help navigate change to help align current performance to the envisioned outcome
Business benefits include:
- Encourages managers to reinforce the company vision throughout the company
- Increases satisfaction of general staff through adequate change management in bridging gaps between current and desired circumstances
- Encourages leadership and initiative from managers which inspires general staff
Element 1: Model high standards of management performance and behaviour
- Ensure management performance and behaviour meets the organisation’s requirements
- Ensure management performance and behaviour serves as a positive role model for others
- Develop and implement performance plans in accordance with organisation’s goals and objectives
- Establish and use key performance indicators to meet organisation’s goals and objectives
Element 2: Enhance organisation’s image
- Use organisation’s standards and values in conducting business
- Question, through established communication channels, standards and values considered to be damaging to the organisation
- Ensure personal performance contributes to developing an organisation which has integrity and credibility
Element 3: Make informed decisions
- Gather and organise information relevant to the issue/s under consideration
- Facilitate individuals and teams active participation in decision making processes
- Examine options and assess associated risks to determine preferred course/s of action
- Ensure decisions are timely and communicate them clearly to individuals and teams
- Prepare plans to implement decisions and ensure they are agreed by relevant individuals and teams
- Use feedback processes effectively to monitor the implementation and impact of decisions
Student Information Handbook
Forsythes Training recommends that you access our Student Information Handbook click here to access.
The Student Information Handbook provides you with information about Forsythes Training and covers the following areas:
- Company profile
- Student registration process including our refund policy and course cost information
- Student Induction
- Student records and information
- The assessment process and policies
- Rights, responsibilities and standards
- Student Feedback
- Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), Recognised Current Competency (RCC), Direct Credit Transfer (DCT)
- Appeals Process
- WHS Policies and Procedures
- Forsythes Training Guarantee
If there is anything in the handbook where you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call Forsythes Training on 02 4922 0122 and one of our friendly team members will be more than happy to assist you.
Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications. We service Sydney, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia. With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.
Further Course Information
Forsythes Trainings’ expert trainer in leadership and project management, Trevor Pennifold, impressed me with his depth of industry experience as well as his ability to relate theory and tools back to Komatsu’s systems and processes.
Our staff were able to take the ...Read More
Director of Operations
One of the world’s leading Caterpillar equipment suppliers, WesTrac, has benefitted financially from Forsythes Training’s status and expertise as a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider.
Forsythes Training worked with WesTrac to customise training in project management ...Read More
Extra benefits for Namoi Cotton from AgSkilled funded leadership training
A customised leadership and management training program by Forysthes Training has delivered Namoi Cotton delivered extra benefits. Bringing together managers and supervisors from across various departments there ...Read More
This year I completed the TAE40116 Training and assessment course. I had only minimal to no experience and although I felt comfortable doing a little bit of training with my colleagues at work, the thought of standing up in front of complete strangers to deliver a comprehensive training session had ...Read More
Information Management Officer
Learning and Development Lead Specialist
Central Coast Council
I have now completed three Training and assessment upgrades, from BSZ to TAA, TAA to TAE, and now, TAE10 to TAE16, of all three upgrades I have completed, the TAE16 Upgrade with Forsythes Training has been the most comprehensive, and with the most content about Competency based assessment and standards ...Read More
"We have used Forsythes Training for other training so we know the service is always top quality," he said.
"The feedback from participants has been really good. Everyone was positive and engaged with the training."
"We would recommend Forsythes and are looking to do more training with them.
Organisational Development & improvement Specialist
It is easy on company supplied training to go through the motions, but I really felt engaged in the process and found myself examining my behaviours and what I can do to become better leader.
I have applied aspects of what I had leant over the weeks to my day to day role as a mobile technician and gleaned greater leadership skills when I step into the RSDM and RFOSO roles.
Relief Service Delivery Manager
I have heard other training providers saying to other clients that TAE 16 is too hard and unattainable but with the help of Forsythes we will be proving them wrong.”
“It is not an easy process. There is a lot work to do to meet the requirements of TAE 16 and Forsythes Training has been fantastic in helping us develop a new package.
“They are very accommodating of our needs and timeframes.”
Global Mining Company
strong partnership with Forsythes Training offer a Leadership Program to 107 leaders across all operational and corporate business areas.
the program has "provided leadership tools and techniques to have difficult conversations and reinforce feedback to teams, along with raising critical business improvement ideas."
We hope to continue to work Forsythes training to develop our people into the future
Group Manager People & Culture
Maree is studying the new TAE40116 with Forsythes and took advantage of dedicated TAE40116 student support days her feedback was:
"Thanks again for all your help. It made the world of difference for me, as, I didn’t think I was going to finish. I’m back on track."
Workplace Trainer and Asessor
Feedback from the participants and their managers shows the program was an outstanding success. Forsythes Training took the time to completely contextualise the course to make it relevant and realistic to our staff. All of the participants enjoyed the delivery of the course and it provided them with significant insights into improving their leadership and communication styles within the workplace. As a business we have seen these staff improve their delegation, staff performance management and their planning and decision making
Health Safety and Training Superintendent
Moolarben Coal – Part of Yancoal
Forsythes training have been instrumental in providing a customised leadership program and achieving outstanding results.
Some of the key outcomes we have noted are:
- An evident change in how they manage people and work relationships adapting their style to different employees, managers and other key stakeholders
- Managing time more efficiently both individually and within their teams
- Improved communication with both team members and management to ensure the best result is achieved.
- Managing stress and pressure in a more controlled way
‘With the assistance of Forsythes Training, as one of our valued business partners, , we have been able to provide our operations, engineering and administration teams with additional training that supports the preparations for March 2017 and beyond,’ he said.
Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
A southern NSW Council has saved around $200,000 when training its entire, 200 strong, workforce in customer service.
Snowy Valleys Council has engaged Forysthes Training to run the customer service program using the state Government’s NSW Local Government Skills ...Read More