Associated Non Technical Skills – ANTS
|Next Course Dates||Dedicated Events for Maintenance of Competence|
|Course Fee||Dedicated events call for details|
We can come to you.
This course can be conducted on your site. Please contact us for details.
Our Associated Non Technical Skills course teaches Supervisors/Managers to reinforce the associated non-technical skills required for effective leadership.
The course has been mapped to the proposed new standards around ANTS for the resources sector.
1/ Effective Communication for Leaders:
- Skills for effective Communicators (Brainstorm)
- The effect of perceptions and filters on the communication process
- Three activities that allow the participants to focus of effective communication processes and barriers to effective communication with team members (Group and individual activities)
- Effective Delegation for leaders
- Identifying the Skills and behaviours of effective Leaders (Team Activity)
- Identifying barriers for effective Leadership (Team Activity and presentation)
- Four styles of leadership (Situational Leadership)
- Mentoring Staff
- Role play using the “4 I’s” approach when dealing with performance and conduct issues
- Role play on mentoring staff.
3/ Teamwork/Decision Making
- Team building activities (group and team activities)
- Identifying the advantages and disadvantages that teams bring to the organisation(Team activity and presentation)
- Stages of team development
- Coaching role play (Individual activities)
- Team Decision making activity (Teams)
4/ Situational Awareness
- What is situational awareness
- Strategies to improve situational awareness
- Quick videos to demonstrate the concept
- Situational Awareness Case Study/Video
- Understanding Conflict and strategies to deal more effectively with conflict
- Group activity in relation to the DISC theory (enables participants to understand the strengths and limitations of their behaviour within the workplace and how better to communicate and supervise others in the workplace
Student Information Handbook
Forsythes Training recommends that you access our Student Information Handbook click here to access.
The Student Information Handbook provides you with information about Forsythes Training and covers the following areas:
- Company profile
- Student registration process including our refund policy and course cost information
- Student Induction
- Student records and information
- The assessment process and policies
- Rights, responsibilities and standards
- Student Feedback
- Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), Recognised Current Competency (RCC), Direct Credit Transfer (DCT)
- Appeals Process
- WHS Policies and Procedures
- Forsythes Training Guarantee
If there is anything in the handbook where you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call Forsythes Training on 02 4922 0122 and one of our friendly team members will be more than happy to assist you.
Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications. We service Sydney, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia. With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.
Further Course Information
Find out more!
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Forsythes Trainings’ expert trainer in leadership and project management, Trevor Pennifold, impressed me with his depth of industry experience as well as his ability to relate theory and tools back to Komatsu’s systems and processes.
Our staff were able to take the ...Read More
Director of Operations
One of the world’s leading Caterpillar equipment suppliers, WesTrac, has benefitted financially from Forsythes Training’s status and expertise as a NSW Smart and Skilled training provider.
Forsythes Training worked with WesTrac to customise training in project management ...Read More
Extra benefits for Namoi Cotton from AgSkilled funded leadership training
A customised leadership and management training program by Forysthes Training has delivered Namoi Cotton delivered extra benefits. Bringing together managers and supervisors from across various departments there ...Read More
This year I completed the TAE40116 Training and assessment course. I had only minimal to no experience and although I felt comfortable doing a little bit of training with my colleagues at work, the thought of standing up in front of complete strangers to deliver a comprehensive training session had ...Read More
Information Management Officer
Learning and Development Lead Specialist
Central Coast Council
I have now completed three Training and assessment upgrades, from BSZ to TAA, TAA to TAE, and now, TAE10 to TAE16, of all three upgrades I have completed, the TAE16 Upgrade with Forsythes Training has been the most comprehensive, and with the most content about Competency based assessment and standards ...Read More
"We have used Forsythes Training for other training so we know the service is always top quality," he said.
"The feedback from participants has been really good. Everyone was positive and engaged with the training."
"We would recommend Forsythes and are looking to do more training with them.
Organisational Development & improvement Specialist
It is easy on company supplied training to go through the motions, but I really felt engaged in the process and found myself examining my behaviours and what I can do to become better leader.
I have applied aspects of what I had leant over the weeks to my day to day role as a mobile technician and gleaned greater leadership skills when I step into the RSDM and RFOSO roles.
Relief Service Delivery Manager
I have heard other training providers saying to other clients that TAE 16 is too hard and unattainable but with the help of Forsythes we will be proving them wrong.”
“It is not an easy process. There is a lot work to do to meet the requirements of TAE 16 and Forsythes Training has been fantastic in helping us develop a new package.
“They are very accommodating of our needs and timeframes.”
Global Mining Company
strong partnership with Forsythes Training offer a Leadership Program to 107 leaders across all operational and corporate business areas.
the program has "provided leadership tools and techniques to have difficult conversations and reinforce feedback to teams, along with raising critical business improvement ideas."
We hope to continue to work Forsythes training to develop our people into the future
Group Manager People & Culture
Maree is studying the new TAE40116 with Forsythes and took advantage of dedicated TAE40116 student support days her feedback was:
"Thanks again for all your help. It made the world of difference for me, as, I didn’t think I was going to finish. I’m back on track."
Workplace Trainer and Asessor
Feedback from the participants and their managers shows the program was an outstanding success. Forsythes Training took the time to completely contextualise the course to make it relevant and realistic to our staff. All of the participants enjoyed the delivery of the course and it provided them with significant insights into improving their leadership and communication styles within the workplace. As a business we have seen these staff improve their delegation, staff performance management and their planning and decision making
Health Safety and Training Superintendent
Moolarben Coal – Part of Yancoal
Forsythes training have been instrumental in providing a customised leadership program and achieving outstanding results.
Some of the key outcomes we have noted are:
- An evident change in how they manage people and work relationships adapting their style to different employees, managers and other key stakeholders
- Managing time more efficiently both individually and within their teams
- Improved communication with both team members and management to ensure the best result is achieved.
- Managing stress and pressure in a more controlled way
‘With the assistance of Forsythes Training, as one of our valued business partners, , we have been able to provide our operations, engineering and administration teams with additional training that supports the preparations for March 2017 and beyond,’ he said.
Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service
A southern NSW Council has saved around $200,000 when training its entire, 200 strong, workforce in customer service.
Snowy Valleys Council has engaged Forysthes Training to run the customer service program using the state Government’s NSW Local Government Skills ...Read More