Forsythes Training will follow the following procedures when enrolling students in Smart and Skilled training courses:
- Check eligibility: We will check your eligibility for the program. A general guide of eligibility is included in the table below. All students must meet Criteria. However, further conditions apply for unemployed, disabled or ATSI people. If you are not sure of your eligibility please discuss it with us.
You will be asked to provide proof of eligibility and will be informed of what type of evidence is acceptable. Your Provider will take you through a Proof of Eligibility Checklist on enrolment. You will be required to provide some documents and sign declarations as evidence.
- Declarations: You will also be required to sign the following documents (you will be given a hard or electronic copy of them):
- a) Consent to Use And Disclosure of Personal Information to the Department of Education and Communities and Other Government Agencies
- b) Privacy Form if you would like us to apply for USI on your behalf.
- Pre-enrolment information: Prior to enrolment you will be provided with the following information:
- a) Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer information
- b) Consumer protection information
- c) Subcontractor information if relevant
- d) What a student should do if they wish to defer or discontinue training
- e) How students can access support during training
- f) Contact details for any support services provided
- g) The fees chargeable
To access this information prior to signing the declaration, please access Forsythes Training student Handbook at http://www.forsythestraining.com.au/resources/ and which covers the following;
- Referral/discontinue of training and assessment
- Student induction
- Learner support services
- Counselling in relation to personal issues
- Language and literacy support
- Support for students with disabilities
- The assessment process and policies
- Reasonable adjustment
- Assessment Appeals
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- The RPL process
- Credit Transfer
- Rights responsibilities and standards
Also please access the following link http://www.forsythestraining.com.au/resources/ for additional information on;
- Consumer protection policy
- RPL/credit transfer policy
- Notification to Department: On completion of this process a copy of the Notification of Enrolment Report (Commitment ID) will be generated and kept on your file.
If you have any questions with regard to the Notification of Enrolment Process please do not hesitate to contact us.
Forsythes Training Fee and Refund Policy
Forsythes Training is aware of its contractual responsibilities under Smart and Skilled with regard to the Fee and Refund administration requirements. To ensure compliance with the requirements we have put the following procedures in place:
- All information regarding fees to be paid by student will be supplied individually on enrolment on completion of the Notification of Enrolment Process. These will be as calculated using the Provider Calculator
- Students will be notified of any schedule of payments on enrolment
- Students will be notified of any additional equipment costs prior to enrolment
- Any fee schedule will ensure that all fees are paid in full prior to completion of training and assessment
- All fees collected will be retained by Forsythes Training
- Any VET Student Loans fees applied for by students will be paid directly to the RTO from the Commonwealth Government
- Where applicable (i.e. under certain Awards) the employer will pay the fee for certain Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- No extra fees will be charged to students under a sub-contacting arrangement
- Students will be entitled to three attempts to complete a unit of competency without additional cost. Any further attempts will incur a charge which will be at the discretion of the Provider and discussed on an individual basis
- Fees will be adjusted to reflect any RPL or CT and if necessary refunds will be made
Unique Student Identifier
From January 2015 it is a requirement that all students in Australia have a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
The USI will be a lifelong number which will enable your records and results obtained after Jan 1 2015 to be collected in an online system. By having a USI you will be able to access your training records and results (or transcript) whenever you need to.
You must have a USI before a RTO can issue Certificates or Statements of Attainment.
The Department of Industry has developed the following video to help students access a USI:
There are two ways to create an USI:
- Create your own
This can be done by going to https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi and following some simple steps:
To create a USI, you will be required to provide:
- Personal information – name, date of birth etc.
- Contact Information – at least one method of contact (e-mail, mobile or mail)
Form of ID: Options are: Driver License, Medicare card, Australian Passport, Visa (with Non-Australian passport) for international students, Birth Certificate (Australian), Certificate of Registration by Descent, Citizenship Certificate,
- Forsythes Training can create a USI for you
To enable a USI to be created on your behalf you will need to give your permission and you will be required to sign a Privacy Notice to this effect.
Protection of student privacy
Your Unique Student Identifier (USI) contains personal information, contact details and your training records and results. The USI system has been designed to keep this information safe and secure and is only accessed by the organisations and employers you allow to access your records.
Access to records – Smart and Skilled
You will be required to set access controls to allow the Department of Education and Communities and Forsythes Training the appropriate levels of access to your USI records
For further information please refer to the USI Student Help Line