Psychological Wellbeing and Building Resilience
|Next Course Dates||Call 02 4922 0122 for the next course date|
In our Mental Health Workshop you will learn about resilience, stress and the physical and psychological effects of chronic stress plus more.
Presented by Craig Semple
Craig Semple was a career Detective within the NSW Police Force for 25 years until his retirement, at the rank of Detective Sergeant, in 2013.
Much of Craig’s career was invested in `high risk’ environments including drug investigation and the investigation of outlaw motorcycle gangs. It was in these environments that Craig developed lifelong skills in Leadership, Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence, Conflict Resolution and Risk Management.
Craig’s retirement from the Police Force was as a result of a long personal battle with Psychological Injury. From that `lived experience’ he has developed a rare personal insight into the causes, symptoms, treatment and the impact of mental illness and stress in the workplace.
In 2015 Craig joined the Black Dog Institute as an Educational Presenter. Since then he has travelled extensively, sharing his experience and delivering vital education on Mental Health, Wellbeing and Resilience.
Craig presents his lived experience and his personal insight into the causes, symptoms, treatment and the impact of mental health and stress in the workplace. More than 4,000 High School Students, Teachers, Farmers, Police and Emergency Services in New South Wales have benefited from Craig’s positive presentations which focus on Psychological Wellbeing and Building Resilience.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
- Understand what resilience is.
- Understand what stress is, and why it isn’t necessarily bad.
- Understand the physical and psychological effects of chronic stress.
- Have the opportunity to develop greater self-awareness about their own resilience;
- Know what promotes and builds resilience;
- Understand the key factors involved in developing resilience;
- Identify their own key strengths and values which they can use;
- Be able to utilise the tools of optimism, mindfulness and positive psychology to develop resilience and achieve better outcomes in the workplace;
- Understand the role of leadership and management in building resilience;
- Have information relating to resources and available support
Student Information Handbook
Forsythes Training recommends that you access our Student Information Handbook click here to access.
The Student Information Handbook provides you with information about Forsythes Training and covers the following areas:
- Company profile
- Student registration process including our refund policy and course cost information
- Student Induction
- Student records and information
- The assessment process and policies
- Rights, responsibilities and standards
- Student Feedback
- Recognised Prior Learning (RPL), Recognised Current Competency (RCC), Direct Credit Transfer (DCT)
- Appeals Process
- WHS Policies and Procedures
- Forsythes Training Guarantee
If there is anything in the handbook where you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to call Forsythes Training on 02 4922 0122 and one of our friendly team members will be more than happy to assist you.
Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications. We service Sydney, Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia. With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.
Further Course Information
Find out more!
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
“The Excel course was brilliant and would like to keep updating if possible, thank you”
Linfox Australia Pty Ltd
“Forsythes worked closely with us to fit in with our needs, modules were modified to suit our workplace environment”
“We were happy with the outcomes, and are very likely to work with Forsythes on similar programs in the future”
Sanitarium Health Foods
“The program has been extremely beneficial for our staff with significant change in the attitudes and performance of team leaders”
“Forsythes Training went above and beyond our expectations, with a very high commitment to quality, flexibility and service”
Wesley Uniting Employment
“The courses were professionally run, tailored to our user’s requirements, and positively received”
Sanitarium Health Foods