Conflict Resolution & Handling Difficult People
|Next Course Dates|| 21-Sep-2017, 23-Oct-2017, 27-Nov-2017, 09-Feb-2018,
|Training Location||9 Denison St, Newcastle West|
We can come to you.
This course can be conducted on your site. Please contact us for details.
In our How to Handle Difficult People & Conflict Resolution course you will learn how to resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people.
By the end of this program you should be able to:
- Defuse tense situations
- Resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people
- Recognise Conflict and have productive discussions
- Focus on the issue, not the person
- Communication styles, assess situation, avoid escalation and resolve
- Assert yourself and stand your ground
- Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who deals with people in their day-to-day work.
- Supervisors, Frontline managers, Training managers
- Help desk supervisors, Administration staff
Lesson 1: Managing Diversity
- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas How do values drive behaviours?
- Understand different behaviour types and patterns
Lesson 2: Dealing with Conflict & Difficult Behaviour
- Handling difficult people
- Coping with difficult behaviour
- Identifying your personal reaction to conflict
- Identifying your personal responsibility
- To counsel, coach or discipline?
Lesson 3: Practical techniques for dealing with:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blaming behaviour
- Defensive behaviour
- Passive behaviour
Lesson 4: : Effective Workplace Communication
- Learning how to be assertive and standing your ground
- Positive self talk Giving and receiving feedback
- Active listening, tone and clarifying questions
- Identifying the source of conflict and behaviour
Lesson 5: Prevention is better than cure
- Disempowering to co-operation
- But vs. And
- Co-operation language
- Gathering Information
- Questioning techniques
Lesson 6: Resolving Conflict
- Determining the best solution
- Implement action plan
- Gain commitment 4 I’s.
Further Course Information
“The Excel course was brilliant and would like to keep updating if possible, thank you”
Linfox Australia Pty Ltd
“Forsythes worked closely with us to fit in with our needs, modules were modified to suit our workplace environment”
“We were happy with the outcomes, and are very likely to work with Forsythes on similar programs in the future”
Sanitarium Health Foods
“The program has been extremely beneficial for our staff with significant change in the attitudes and performance of team leaders”
“Forsythes Training went above and beyond our expectations, with a very high commitment to quality, flexibility and service”
Wesley Uniting Employment
“The courses were professionally run, tailored to our user’s requirements, and positively received”
Sanitarium Health Foods