Conflict Resolution & Handling Difficult People
|Next Course Dates||13-Apr-2018 , 10-May-2018 , 17-Jul-2018 ,18-Sep-2018, 20-Nov-2018|
|Training Location||9 Denison St, Newcastle West|
We can come to you.
This course can be conducted on your site. Please contact us for details.
In our How to Handle Difficult People & Conflict Resolution course you will learn how to resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people.
By the end of this program you should be able to:
- Defuse tense situations
- Resolve differences and find ways of working effectively with all types of people
- Recognise Conflict and have productive discussions
- Focus on the issue, not the person
- Communication styles, assess situation, avoid escalation and resolve
- Assert yourself and stand your ground
- Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who deals with people in their day-to-day work.
- Supervisors, Frontline managers, Training managers
- Help desk supervisors, Administration staff
Lesson 1: Managing Diversity
- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas How do values drive behaviours?
- Understand different behaviour types and patterns
Lesson 2: Dealing with Conflict & Difficult Behaviour
- Handling difficult people
- Coping with difficult behaviour
- Identifying your personal reaction to conflict
- Identifying your personal responsibility
- To counsel, coach or discipline?
Lesson 3: Practical techniques for dealing with:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Blaming behaviour
- Defensive behaviour
- Passive behaviour
Lesson 4: : Effective Workplace Communication
- Learning how to be assertive and standing your ground
- Positive self talk Giving and receiving feedback
- Active listening, tone and clarifying questions
- Identifying the source of conflict and behaviour
Lesson 5: Prevention is better than cure
- Disempowering to co-operation
- But vs. And
- Co-operation language
- Gathering Information
- Questioning techniques
Lesson 6: Resolving Conflict
- Determining the best solution
- Implement action plan
- Gain commitment 4 I’s.
Further Course Information
This year I completed the TAE40116 Training and assessment course. I had only minimal to no experience and although I felt comfortable doing a little bit of training with my colleagues at work, the thought of standing up in front of complete strangers to deliver a comprehensive training session had ...Read More
Information Management Officer
Learning and Development Lead Specialist
Central Coast Council
I have now completed three Training and assessment upgrades, from BSZ to TAA, TAA to TAE, and now, TAE10 to TAE16, of all three upgrades I have completed, the TAE16 Upgrade with Forsythes Training has been the most comprehensive, and with the most content about Competency based assessment and standards ...Read More
"We have used Forsythes Training for other training so we know the service is always top quality," he said.
"The feedback from participants has been really good. Everyone was positive and engaged with the training."
"We would recommend Forsythes and are looking to do more training with them.
Organisational Development & improvement Specialist
It is easy on company supplied training to go through the motions, but I really felt engaged in the process and found myself examining my behaviours and what I can do to become better leader.
I have applied aspects of what I had leant over the weeks to my day to day role as a mobile technician and gleaned greater leadership skills when I step into the RSDM and RFOSO roles.
Relief Service Delivery Manager
I have heard other training providers saying to other clients that TAE 16 is too hard and unattainable but with the help of Forsythes we will be proving them wrong.”
“It is not an easy process. There is a lot work to do to meet the requirements of TAE 16 and Forsythes Training has been fantastic in helping us develop a new package.
“They are very accommodating of our needs and timeframes.”
Global Mining Company
strong partnership with Forsythes Training offer a Leadership Program to 107 leaders across all operational and corporate business areas.
the program has "provided leadership tools and techniques to have difficult conversations and reinforce feedback to teams, along with raising critical business improvement ideas."
We hope to continue to work Forsythes training to develop our people into the future
Group Manager People & Culture
Maree is studying the new TAE40116 with Forsythes and took advantage of dedicated TAE40116 student support days her feedback was:
"Thanks again for all your help. It made the world of difference for me, as, I didn’t think I was going to finish. I’m back on track."
Workplace Trainer and Asessor
Feedback from the participants and their managers shows the program was an outstanding success. Forsythes Training took the time to completely contextualise the course to make it relevant and realistic to our staff. All of the participants enjoyed the delivery of the course and it provided them with significant insights into improving their leadership and communication styles within the workplace. As a business we have seen these staff improve their delegation, staff performance management and their planning and decision making
Health Safety and Training Superintendent
Moolarben Coal – Part of Yancoal
Forsythes training have been instrumental in providing a customised leadership program and achieving outstanding results.
Some of the key outcomes we have noted are:
- An evident change in how they manage people and work relationships adapting their style to different employees, managers and other key stakeholders
- Managing time more efficiently both individually and within their teams
- Improved communication with both team members and management to ensure the best result is achieved.
- Managing stress and pressure in a more controlled way
‘With the assistance of Forsythes Training, as one of our valued business partners, , we have been able to provide our operations, engineering and administration teams with additional training that supports the preparations for March 2017 and beyond,’ he said.
Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service