For the first time, Forsythes Training will hold a public ICAM incident investigation training course in Newcastle
The course is on May 30 and 31.at Forsythes Training's centre in Newcastle West.
What is ICAM?
ICAM stands for Incident Cause Analysis Method. Professor James T Reason developed the method from his research on human error and its contribution to incidents.
Forsythes Training CEO Chad White said the ICAM incident investigation method is becoming the preferred method for investigating incidents. He said it is now a required skill for WHS personnel.
"ICAM investigators are an asset for any organisation wanting to learn from adverse events, to avoid re-occurrence, and to improve resilience to hazards," Mr White said.
"This course introduces best practice incident investigation and teaches practical skills to apply in the workplace," he said.
ICAM course objectives
After completing this course, you’ll have knowledge and practical skills in:
• building an effective investigation team
• investigation process
• barriers to effective incident reporting and investigation, and how to overcome them
• effective tools for information-gathering and classification
• reconstructing timelines
• concepts of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• structure and content of effective investigation reports
• effective recommendations/corrective actions
• interpersonal communication and active listening
• interviewing skills
• analytical skills based on models of multiple causation and root cause analysis
• data gathering and classification.
Your ICAM training course facilitator
Steve is an experienced safety professional with more than 20 years' experience in occupational health and safety and risk management.across various industries including engineering, manufacturing, energy generation and networks, transport and construction.
He has extensive experience in the mining industry having successfully trained more than 1500 coal miners in Australia and New Zealand in Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) accredited training in risk management awareness and facilitation of risk assessment.
During his career, Steve has facilitated hundreds of operational and strategic risk assessments. He's led a number of incident investigations, from minor incidents to fatalities and multi million dollar business incidents.
Practical, strategic and solution-focussed, is how people describe Steve's approach to training.
More information and to book
For more information call our expert team on 02 49220122, email email@example.com or visit the course page