Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (v1.0) ICND1
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate and
troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network, including configuring a Switch, a
Router and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security. A student should be able to
complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components and the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and
identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP/IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and
dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbours on the network and managing the routers startup and configuration.
- Network support staff who will perform a help desk role in a medium or enterprise-sized company that has an internal network support escalation staff.
- Network support staff who will act as network device installers and first-line support in a small business environment.
- System engineers, account managers, channel partners/resellers and customers.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIP and CCSP candidates.
- Building a Simple Network
- Ethernet Local Area Networks
- Wireless Local Area Networks
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Wide Area Networks
- Network Environment Management
|Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications.|
We service Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie and the Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia.With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.