6421 - Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a
Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Students will learn to implement and configure secure network access and
implement fault tolerant storage technologies. Students will gain an understanding of the network technologies most
commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Students will also learn how to secure servers and
maintain update compliance.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers
- Working experience with Windows Server 2003.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies).
- Basic knowledge of DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of IPsec.
This module explains how to identify the appropriate usage scenario and installation type for a
server and then install and configure appropriate server roles and features.
Module 2: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Installing Windows Server 2008
- Managing Server Roles and Features
- Overview of the Server Core Installation Option
This module explains how to configure, manage and troubleshoot DNS server and zone properties to
be used in a secure environment.
Module 3: Configuring and Managing WINS
- Installing the DNS Server Role
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
This module explains how to configure, manage and troubleshoot WINS servers.
Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP
- Installing the Windows Internet Name Service
- Managing the WINS Server
- Configuring WINS Replication
- Migrating from WINS to DNS
This module explains how to configure, manage and troubleshoot a DHCP environment
supporting an IPV4 infrastructure.
Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP
- Overview of the DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes and Options
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting DHCP
- Securing DHCP
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot static and dynamic IPv6 addresses,
including subnet prefix lengths, gateways and DNS servers.
Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
- Overview of IPv6
- Coexistence with IPv6
- IPv6 Tunneling Technologies
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
- Troubleshooting IPv6
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access Services.
Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring VPN Access
- Overview of Network Policies
- Overview of the Connection Manager Administration Kit
- Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
This module explains how to install, configure and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server Role service.
Module 8: Configuring Network Access Protection
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
This module explains how to configure and manage NAP for DHCP, VPN, and 802.1X.
Module 9: Configuring IPsec
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- How NAP Works
- Configuring NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
This module explains how to configure and test IPsec.
Module 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
- Overview of IPsec
- Configuring Connection Security Rules
- Configuring IPsec NAP Enforcement
This module explains how to monitor and troubleshoot IPsec.
Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Monitoring IPsec Activity
- Troubleshooting IPsec
This module explains how to configure and manage Distributed File System.
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
- DFS Overview
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring DFS Replication
This module explains how to configure and troubleshoot file system storage technologies
included with Windows Server 2008.
Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content
- Overview of Windows Server 2008 Storage Management
- Managing Storage Using File Server Resource Manager
- Configuring Quota Management
- Implementing File Screening
- Managing Storage Reports
This module explains how to describe and configure backup and recovery methods.
Module 14: Configuring Server Security Compliance
- Backing Up Data
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Providing Server and Service Availability
This module explains how to configure and analyze server security and security update compliance.
- Securing a Windows Infrastructure
- Using Security Templates to Secure Servers
- Configuring an Audit Policy
- Overview of Windows Sever Update Services
- Managing WSUS
|Forsythes Training provides instructor led computer training on the Microsoft Office and Adobe range of applications.|
We service Newcastle, the Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie and the Central and Northern Coasts of New South Wales (NSW) Australia.With our mobile training room we can provide a range of courses on-site at your premises.