Unit 1: Connecting to Databases and Reading Data
Unit 2: Querying and Updating Databases by Using Commands
- What Is ADO.NET?
- The Process for Connecting to a Database and Reading Data
- What Is Connection Pooling?
Unit 3: Performing Transactional Operations
- ADO.NET Commands
- The Process for Passing Parameters into Commands
Unit 4: Performing Disconnected Operations Programmatically
- What Is a Transaction?
- The Process for Managing Local Transactions
- The Process for Managing Distributed Transactions
- Isolation Levels
- What Is the ADO.NET Disconnected Model?
- The Process for Loading and Saving Data in a DataSet
- What Are DataViews?
Unit 5: Performing Disconnected Operations by Using Visual Studio 2005 Wizards
Unit 6: Performing XML Operations on Disconnected Data
- Comparing Untyped DataSets with Typed DataSets
- What Are Table Adapters?
- Demonstration: Creating a Typed DataSet by Using Visual Studio 2005 Wizards
Unit 7: Reading and Writing XML Data
- XML Representations of DataSets
- What Are DiffGrams?
Unit 8: Processing XML Data by Using DOM
- The Process for Serially Reading XML Data
- The Process for Serially Writing XML Data
- What Is DOM?
- What Are DOM Trees?
- Types of XML Nodes in a DOM Tree