This Privacy Statement Relates to:
Forsythes Information Technology Pty Limited
ATF Forsythes Information Technology Unit Trust
(ABN 70 770 826 315)
Why Do We Need a Privacy Statement?
The Privacy Act requires us to have policies
and procedures in place to cover the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we
may hold about you. In that regard our attitude has not changed, we have always believed that
your privacy should be protected and we will continue to take every care in managing your
This statement will explain:
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
- Why we collect your information
- Parties to whom your information may be disclosed by us
- What happens if you choose not to provide us with required information, and
- How you can get access to information we hold about you.
We collect personal information about you for a variety of reasons, depending upon the particular
company or division that you deal with in our group. Broadly, we require your information to accurately
and effectively provide you with the relevant service(s) that you have requested from us.
This may include one or more of the following:
- Providing professional business and financial services and/or advice, completion of taxation returns,
development of financial plans or strategies, assistance with business recovery action, litigation
support, providing audit services.
- Assistance in finding you permanent or temporary employment.
- To provide you with computer hardware and/or software suitable to your requirements
- To provide you with training specific to your needs.
Some of the personal information we collect is necessary to meet the requirements of taxation,
superannuation, corporation and/or family law.
What If You Choose Not To Provide Us With This Information?
We only ask for information that is necessary for us to provide the service(s) that you request of us.
Should you choose not to provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you
with some of these services.
Will We Disclose Your Information to Others?
We will only disclose your personal information to other people or organisations for the purposes
outlined in this statement. Depending upon the particular service(s) we are providing to you, and
where appropriate, we may disclose your personal information to, or collect it from:
You Can Request Access To Your Information
- Government departments
- Legal and other professional advisers
- Potential employers
- Trustees and administrators of superannuation plans or eligible rollover funds
- Your employer, or a previous employer
- Personal and/or business referees
- Workers compensation insurers
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 –
Access and Correction), you have the right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive
information we hold about you. Should you wish to request access to your information, our
contact details are shown at the end of this document.
If you are able to establish
that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and
up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and
Level 4, 175 Scott Street
Newcastle NSW 2300
Telephone (02) 4926 2699 Facsimile (02) 4929 1435